Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get data from the Docker container to the Bamboo host

Christopher Behrens March 5, 2019

In order to make Atlassian's Bamboo useful to us, we need to run Docker on it and to get data from the Docker container to the host (the bamboo host). In principle (and tested locally) this is straightforward using volumes. I attached a screenshot of a minimal example, where I have a Dockerfile, which I use to build an image. This image runs a simple "touch file" command to emulate writing within the container. Before running the container, I create a directory (shared) on the host, which eventually gets mounted to workdir in the container. After running the container, I have to touched file (file_from_docker_to_host) available on my host. I tried several days to accomplish that on Bamboo (even the Bamboo troubleshooting on "Permission denied on files created within a Docker container" here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/configuring-the-docker-task-in-bamboo-720411254.html does not work).

The possibility to share data between the bamboo host and the docker container is crucial for many CD-CI task.

BambooDockerExample.png

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events