How to get all commits linked to a JIRA issue in Bamboo?

Pieter Wouter Hartog
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2018

I’m developing a Bamboo plugin that scans / searches a SVN repository - I need to collect all commits linked to certain JIRA issues.

Perhaps there's a method to do exactly that, but I have not found it. Instead, I'm collecting ALL commits and scan the comments for the JIRA issue keys.

To get all the buildChanges (collection of commits), you can execute

SvnChangeDetector.collectChangesSinceRevision()

However, when looking at the source code of this method, it maxes out at 100 commits.  In my case, I need to go back further than that.

I tried to extend the SvnChangeDetector class, but there are properties in the super class AbstactSvnExecutor that I can’t get to, which are needed to make this work. Maybe there's a trick to make this work? 

The max of 100 is eventually defined in the interface SvnConfigurationConstants.MAX_COMMITS_TO_RETURN.  I don’t think I can access those constants. since constants defined in an interface (static final).

How can I go back more than 100 commits? Or collect all commits for a given JIRA issue?

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 13, 2018

Hi Pieter,

The 100 items max return is hard coded and at the moment there is no workaround. I believe this is related to 100 build commits limitation cause missing JIRA issues linked to build and limited commits shown when creating release as it relates to Bamboo.

The first issue has been closed, however, please vote on the second issue and add your use case to the comments.

Cheers,

Branden

Pieter Wouter Hartog
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2018

Thanks Branden. I added my vote and a comment with a short use case.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events