How to get a status active deployment in Bamboo

Sergey Obozhin October 10, 2017

I've created custom plugin for Bamboo - task, when I want to search deploy log for result: "Failed" or "Success".

How can i find result status of all tasks in deployment plan while it in progress? 

3 answers

1 vote
Sergey Obozhin October 11, 2017

I solved the problem this way - in finally task:

URL url = new URL("http://hostname:8085/rest/api/1.0/deploy/result/" + deploymentTaskContext.getDeploymentContext().getResultKey().getResultNumber(); + "?includeLogs=true");
String user = ""; // username
String pass = ""; // password or API token
String authStr = user + ":" + pass;
String encoding = DatatypeConverter.printBase64Binary(authStr.getBytes("utf-8"));

HttpURLConnection connection = (HttpURLConnection) url.openConnection();
connection.setRequestMethod("GET");
connection.setDoOutput(true);
connection.setRequestProperty("Authorization", "Basic " + encoding);
InputStream content = connection.getInputStream();
BufferedReader in = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(content));
String line;
while ((line = in.readLine()) != null) {
System.out.println(line.contains("with result: Failed"));
}

0 votes
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2017

I realize you have identified a solution already, just in case:

The information is a bit buried, but given you are implementing a custom plugin, you might want to check section 'Reading Logs' in the Task overview, which references a dedicated Java interface for log interception at runtime:

We've added infrastructure for analysing build logs on the fly. For documentation, see LogInterceptor.  You can add these interceptors to the LogInterceptorStack in the BuildLogger. For examples of usage, see com.atlassian.bamboo.build.logger.interceptors.StringMatchingInterceptor and com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.ant.task.AntBuildTask .

As hinted upon, you probably need to check the Bamboo source for details on how to use it.

Please note that I'm not aware whether the exact same interface applies to the unfortunately ever so slightly different deployment projects as well, but would at least expect a similar mechanism to be in place there.

0 votes
Sergey Obozhin October 11, 2017

Maybe i can get current status tasks in deployment project?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events