Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a new bamboo project without the UI

Michael Vogt
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 24, 2018

Hello everyone,

in the spirit of "lets automate ALL THE THINGS", we're trying to create a new project in bamboo programmatically (and eventually, stages, plans etc, but first things first).

From what I can see, the REST API only allows creating new deployment projects?

YAML Specs seems to work on existing projects only.

Java Specs look like the only workable way to create a new project, but we have little Java experience, and would love to avoid it if at all possible.

Is there really no easy way to create a new project in bamboo? It seems like it should be easier than it looks, like a /api/latest/project/name POST-call :)

Thanks for your time!

Michael

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Johnston July 24, 2018

The java specs approach turns out to not be very difficult once you start.

If you manually create a "base" project that contains all of the basic things you want, and then you use the 'View plan as Java Specs' action, you can then check that into a bamboo-specs\ directory at the root of your repository as-is, and then you can use that as a template to create other plans as needed. 

If you had some java experience, refactoring the code produced this way would be ideal, but if not, it is still usable and customizable as it is.

Best advice I could provide while learning it is to make a change to a plan using the UI and then view that change in java specs so you can see how it is converted.

Michael Vogt
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 24, 2018

Thank you, I will have a look at the Java Specs then :)

Like Antonio McMillan likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events