Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure a script for a task to run a Python project?

Santeri Niemelä July 10, 2018

Please do not direct me to Atlassian Documentation because the documentation is useless.

I'm trying to automate Python testing in Bamboo for a project. The project has dependencies to e.g. Anacondas modules (pandas, numpy etc.). I don't have the faintest idea how Bamboo works and how scripts are supposed to be written. I would very much appreciate simple instructions on how to set things up. For example:
1) Create a virtual environment by doing this...
2) Add venv python to PATH like so...
3) Run your tests as such...
4) Collect test results in a file like so..
5) Report your test results by doing this..

Below is what I have tried (by guessing and testing):

I have set up the Source Code Checkout which works correctly.

I have included a virtual environment in the repository and I am able to activate it with the commands:
WD=/${bamboo.build.working.directory}/
source "$WD"//env//Scripts//activate

I have a python.exe located in:
"$WD"//env//Scripts/python

If I try to run:
"$WD"//env//Scripts/python "$WD"/test_library/my_test.py
I get the following error:
//app/atlassian/bamboo-agent/current/xml-data/build-dir/XXXXX///env//Scripts/python
"No such file or directory"

If I instead do this simple test it works correctly:

/usr/bin/python <<EOF
print "Hello, World!"
EOF

Thank you in advance!

1 answer

1 vote
Foong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 25, 2018

I have a python.exe located in:

Do you mean python executable file for Unix?

//app/atlassian/bamboo-agent/current/xml-data/build-dir/XXXXX///env//Scripts/python

Access the remote agent machine and confirm if the file /app/atlassian/bamboo-agent/current/xml-data/build-dir/XXXXX/env/Scripts/python exist.

If yes, try running the following command manually through Terminal in the machine hosting the agent:

/app/atlassian/bamboo-agent/current/xml-data/build-dir/XXXXX/env/Scripts/python /app/atlassian/bamboo-agent/current/xml-data/build-dir/XXXXX/test_library/my_test.py 

Amari May 6, 2019

This doesn't answer the question. Bamboo does NOT provide a way to install packages or languages. For example, I need to install python on a Bamboo docker image, but apt isn't available and neither is root. 

How can we conduct testing without the availability of languages or the ability to install packages. I agree with the post above. The documentation is unless.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events