Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure Ivy repository isolation?

Serge Dukic September 11, 2012

There's a section of the Bamboo documentation that deals with isolating repositories for Maven executables. We're running into similar problems with Ivy, when multiple stages are run in parallel and cause issues with the shared Ivy repository.

In order to solve this problem, we'd like to configure each agent to have their own isolated Ivy repository. This could be acheived if there was a Bamboo build-time variable identifying the agent that the build is being run on. However, looking at the variable documentation, I can't see any such variable. Does any such variable exist?

If not, does anyone else have any ideas how this might be resolved?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2012

I don't think we have a variable for that atm. What you could do instead (apart from writing a plugin):

• on remote agents, set an environment variable in a script starting the agent. Your best option would be the content of <id> tag from bamboo_agent_home/bamboo-agent.cg.xml
  • on local agents, it's trickier you can extract the id from variable called "build.working.directory" It will be the last number in the path right before the string avaialble in "buildKey" variable.

I've opened an improvement request to make agent id available via a variable - please watch and vote.

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2012

You can also use bamboo.agentId on recent versions of Bamboo.

0 votes
jfghrthroioerio September 11, 2012

spam

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events