How to configure Bamboo to run an inline script with cygwin bash on Windows?

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2013

On Jenkins I had a script that was configured to run with bash (via cygwin) on Windows but when imported to Bamboo, I discovered that Bamboo is running the same inline script with cmd and that it does not supports any shebang when writing the script.

How do I tell bamboo to run this script under bash?

Note: I don't want to checking this script into the repository, so the option to execute a file is not an option. I want to be able to edit this script from the build system interface (inline script).

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2013

Shortly, that's not possible. Still, you can vote for having this implemented https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-13383

1 vote
ArmenA
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 3, 2013

Hey Sorin,

You can use the Command task and specify the relative path of your script file in the Argument field (instead of the Script task).The path is relative to the current working directory of that plan (something like: BambooHome/xml-data/build-dir/PROJ1-PLAN1-JOB1).

Armen

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events