How to change host url for configured repository after original host is unreachable

yogesh_devi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2022

Hello Bamboo experts ,

I am using  Atlassian Bamboo version 8.1.8 build 80116 

I have existing bamboo build plans that were running fine till I migrated the bitbucket repositories used by these build plans to a different host ( and hence a new URL) .

Sadly since the original host is not reachable - bamboo web gui does not allow me to examine repositories 

Deleting and recreating the repositories is a risky option because the  branch information is embedded in repository definitionion and since the repository information no longer shows up in web gui

It seems that the repository database information in database is kept in XML documents and I'd possibly need Xpath expressions to extract host information.

I need accurate branch and repository information to avoid breaking build plans if I use worng branches.

So I need a way to

-  either change the host URL through database

- or to examine the repositories through database to extract repository and branch information and then recreate the  repositories

I am seeking ideas on how to go about any of above 

Thanks a lot for your help 

Yogesh 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 14, 2022

Hello @yogesh_devi

Bamboo allows you to change the repository URL by recreating its Application Link and resaving each Linked Repository so it will "catch" the new Git SSH URL. Please check the following documentation for more instructions:

Depending on the number of Plans x Repositories you have, you may also consider applying the workaround listed on the following Feature Request to make the changes in bulk:

Best regards,

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Support APAC

--please don't forget to Accept the answer if the reply is helpful-- 

yogesh_devi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2022

Hello @Eduardo Alvarenga  a huge thanks for this.

Updating the SSH URL using process decribed in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-18273 was a perfect solution that I needed

It did solve my problem 

( And just to clarify - this is the way I could achieve my first listed option"change the host URL through database" ) 

Much appreciated 

Best regards 

Yogesh 

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events