Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sign up Log in

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to call chrome by bamboo with selenium web driver?


I'm using Bamboo to trigger the automation test execution but get a Chrome failed to start error:

error_message": "unknown error: Chrome failed to start: exited abnormally
(unknown error: DevToolsActivePort file doesn't exist)
(The process started from chrome location /usr/bin/google-chrome is no longer running, so ChromeDriver is assuming that Chrome has crashed.) (Selenium::WebDriver::Error::UnknownError)
#0 0x7f3030ace959 <unknown>

But the same command (below) can be executed successfully from Konsole window:

cucumber BROWSER=chrome MODE=local --tags=@test

The automation framework is cucumber+selenium+ruby

Linux version 3.10.0-514.16.1.el7.x86_64

Chrome version is the latest 77.0.3865.40

Chrome driver version(not sure but get it by the official suggestion which is from


Could anybody kindly help please?

Thanks very much indeed.

Best Regards,


2 answers



I am also having the same issue. Were you ever able to resolve this? Everything I've found online and tried has not worked.



Hi guys,


I was having the same issue with Cucumber - Selenium - Ruby when we made the switch from Jenkins to Bamboo. I managed to fix it by doing the following:


args= %w[--headless --no-sandbox]
driver = Selenium::WebDriver.for :chrome, args: args

I'm pretty sure you could remove the --headless param and the solution will still work. It seems the --no-sandbox is the essential one to fix it.


Let me know if it works for you.




Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
Community showcase
Published in Bamboo

Bamboo Data Center - Early Access Program 2

We’re preparing for Bamboo 8.0, which will be our first Data Center release. To make sure our app vendors and customers with written in-house apps are prepared, we’re launching Bamboo 8.0 Early Acces...

104 views 0 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you