Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Solved] How to add web item in global header(?)

Junseok Lee September 20, 2020

Hi, I'm developing bamboo plugin.

So, I add web item in global header. So that I wrote the code like this in atlassian-plugins.xml

<web-item key="user-access-log-view" section="header.global.primary">
<label key="Access log" />
<link>/plugins/servlet/accesslog/view</link>
</web-item>

But, it doesn't not work. (header.global.primary/build.menu/build.main work!!)

Can't the Bamboo make a new button in global header?

1.png

Answer me.

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Richard White _TechTime_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 23, 2020

Hi,

A few things which might help:

- generally get better answers to development queries over in https://community.developer.atlassian.com/c/bamboo-development

- If you didn't already know, you can use the Web Fragment FInder plugin in development environments to find all web item locations.

To answer your actual question:

"header.global.primary" works for me.

The following code (generated by web fragment finder)

<web-item key="web-item-example" name="My Web Item" section="header.global.primary" weight="200"><description key="my-web-item-desc">General description</description><label key="my-web-item-label" /><link linkId="my-web-item-link">/my-web-item</link></web-item> 

Shows the following web item:

web-item.png

Junseok Lee September 24, 2020

I tried it again and it worked. 😅😅

Thank you.

Pradeep A July 9, 2021

where do we need to provide this code

Richard White _TechTime_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 9, 2021

@Pradeep AThis goes into the atlassian-plugin.xml file. You can read more about it here

Pradeep A July 12, 2021

@Richard White _TechTime_  Sorry I'm new to jira I dont know how to access this

atlassian-plugin.xml 

Richard White _TechTime_
Marketplace Partner
July 12, 2021

@Pradeep AThis question was about add a header item into a custom Bamboo app.  If that it indeed what you are looking for, you can get started here.

In general, if the question is a development one - it will be better answered in community.developer.atlassian.com.

Otherwise, if you question is actually about Jira - it may be worth having another search or asking a separate question.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events