Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a BitBucket deployment key to Bamboo elastic agent?

cbilgikar April 27, 2016

I created an Elastic Bamboo agent that was linked to one of our repositories in BitBucket. Building code in this repository requires installing dependencies, some of which are our repos in BitBucket. I'm not able to install these dependencies as I get a public-key error during the install. I'm trying to add a Bitbucket deploy key to all my agents such that they can access our repos in Bitbucket during a dependency installation. I have not found any documentation of where to add such a key in the agent.

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 28, 2016

If it possible you can add required repos to your plan and provide private key for these repos in Bamboo UI.

cbilgikar April 28, 2016

Where do I add such a key? Is it just added as a capability to an agent (under "Agent Capabilities")? I'm surprised no one else has run into this issue before..

ridmahajan May 2, 2016

That suggestion did not work for me. I also added my private key with a passphrase in the 'Shared Credentials' settings in the Bamboo administration section. I would have expected the remote agent to automatically pick up those credentials while getting the dependent repositories from bitbucket. I waited long enough for the cache to clear up. But, no luck there too.

I am using a hosted bamboo instance that is set up to run builds on the elastic agent. I am trying to set up a build plan with a nodejs repository in Bamboo, that fetches Bitbucket repositories as dependencies during npm install. 

Any helpful insight is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events