How to access Bamboo Variables inside a Shell Script

karthickmurugadhas January 24, 2020

We have a Bamboo Plan where it used for creating a Maven Package and this package "Artifact" is transferred to a remote machine for deployment using a ansible-playbook.  This ansible-playbook is invoked by a Bamboo task "SSH Task" and this playbook invokes a shell script for the deployment. In this shell script, I would like to substitute Bamboo Variable (i..e bamboo.shortPlanKey). Is this possible? 

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Cristiano Mariano
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2020

Hi @karthickmurugadhas ! How are you doing?

I have used Bamboo variables inside my scripts, but only with "File Script Task". As you have the ansible "layer" in your "SSH Task", I am not sure if your script will have access to them, but you should try.

Using variables in bash

Bamboo variables are exported as bash shell variables. All full stops (periods) are converted to underscores. For example, the variable bamboo.my.variable is $bamboo_my_variable in bash. This is related to File Script tasks (not Inline Script tasks).

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events