Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I point remote agents to a new bamboo server?

Rob McGinty April 12, 2018

Other than initially starting the remote agent, I don't see where this is configured.

1 answer

1 vote
Jeremy Owen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2018

Hey Rob,

The address is stored in the <bamboo-agent-home>/conf/wrapper.conf. Example below:

wrapper.app.parameter.2=http://bamboo-url/agentServer/

The /agentServer/ part is also a static requirement.

Cheers,

Jeremy

Rob McGinty April 22, 2018

Thanks. Do you need to reboot the agent to make the change take effect or just restart the bamboo-remote-agent service or what?

Jeremy Owen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2018

You're welcome. :) For the wrapper.conf changes to Base URL, you'll just need to restart the agent.

There's also one other address the agent uses for connections which is configured on the Bamboo Server side at:

• Bamboo Administration >> Overview >> General configuration >> Broker Client URL

If this particular URL needs to be changed, both the Bamboo Server and then agent need to be restarted.

Cheers,

Jeremy

Rob McGinty April 22, 2018

You're fast. Ok just to double check, I don't need to update the base URL since it's tcp://0.0.0.0:54663 right?

Thanks again

Jeremy Owen
Atlassian Team
April 22, 2018

That sounds like the Broker URL (which is the listener address and 0.0.0.0:54663 is fine). The Broker Client URL is what gets distributed to the remote agent when it first connects (via the HTTP address you configured in the wrapper.conf earlier) and is the address the agent will connect to for messaging between server and agent.

If the current Broker Client URL is a connectable address from the remote agent, then no need to change it. You can test with a telnet if needed.

Cheers,

Jeremy

Rob McGinty April 23, 2018

You're right, I meant the Broker URL. Looks good from here then!

Cheers to you Jeremy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events