Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I leverage Bamboo Specs without installing an IDE?

Kevin McKenzie Sampson June 4, 2018

I'm a developer, but I despise Java and do not want to install a Java IDE on my machine and spend unnecessary time re-learning the language just so I can manage my CasC Bamboo Specs.

Would I be able to simply drop the exported plan Specs into my linked git repo without needing to build or do I have to actually build this configuration setup entirely just to update some settings in my pipeline?

2 answers

0 votes
Marcin Gardias
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2018

With Repository Stored Specs you don't even need to compile Specs code locally, just commit it to the repository and Bamboo will do the rest. You can use any text editor you want, no need to use IDE.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2018

but I despise Java and do not want to install a Java IDE on my machine and spend unnecessary time re-learning the language just so I can manage my CasC Bamboo Specs

Well, in Bamboo 6.3, there is the YAML format.

And of course, this guide:

This guide will show you how you can store Bamboo Specs in a Git repository on Bitbucket Server. This approach allows to automatically build and execute Bamboo Specs on every push you make to a Git repository

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events