How do I get the filename of a shared artifact?

We have a plan which builds a tarball artifact that needs to be used in a later stage. The tarball filename depends on some numbers internal to the application source code. We can't calculate this name from Bamboo variables.

I need to untar the file and deploy the application to the server in a later stage in the plan, but I can't figure out how to get the artifact name into the deployment job. Since there is only one tarball artifact I tried using a wildcard with tar. This of course works in bash, but not from Bamboo.

I can't find any Bamboo variable that stores the name of the artifact.

How can I get the exact filename of a certain artifact so I can refer to it in a later stage?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer

You can't do it directly. You can download the artifact to a separate directory and assume everything under it is your artifact. Then just use script tasks to do whatever you need.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Friday in Jira Service Desk

Looking for anyone who has switched from Zendesk to Jira Service Desk

Hi Community! The Jira Service Desk marketing team is looking for customers who have successfully switched from Zendesk to Jira Service Desk!   We’d love to hear your thoughts on the pros and ...

110 views 7 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you