How do I get a remote agent to send its name to the bamboo host

Nigel Longton May 9, 2012

We are deploying a set of remote agents, but they appear in the Agents page as their hostname. is there a way (maybe the bamboo-capabilties.properties file) for the remote agent to set a more friendly name (such as 'QA Build host engine 2')?

1 answer

2 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 9, 2012

You can change the agent name by editing <name> tag in bamboo-agent.cfg.xml located in Bamboo agent home.

Thanks - Can I set this from the installer rather than post editing the file?

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 9, 2012

You can try supplying a partially filled-in bamboo-agent.cfg.xml, but I think it's better to edit it post-install.

The file is only created after bamboo is started for the first time, so editing it post install is not possible. If a file with only the following in is created, will bamboo fill in the rest?

<configuration>

<agentDefinition>

<name>my-agent-name</name>

</agentDefinition>

</configuration>

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
May 9, 2012

Yes, that's what I've meant by a partially filled-in file.

Of course, you can also use the Edit link on the agent page to rename the agent.

Nigel Longton May 12, 2012

A problem with pre-creating the file ahead of running the bamboo is that bamboo no longer works out the build directory - is just crashes reporting that there wasnt one. It seems the only field that the agent sets is the agent identifier.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events