Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I delete Artifact Definitions?

Roger Mier September 5, 2018

I made a job to build some code on a remote Windows Agent, scoop up the artifacts, and now I'm trying to make the Deploy job.  In the process of making the SCP portion of my Deploy job, I discovered that SCP is unable to copy the artifacts, likely due to it using wildcards which SCP doesn't support.

So, to remedy this issue, I've created another task which zips up the artifacts so that just one file can be copied to the destination.  However, I find that I can't delete the old artifact definitions which I no longer need.  It tells me that if I delete them my deploy job might stop working (it never worked in the first place).  The window gives me a Delete and Cancel option, but the Delete button doesn't work.

I've tried everything short of deleting my Deploy job, all the tasks in there are disabled, and I even deleted the task to DL the artifacts.  Still I can't delete the Artifact Definitions.  I would delete the whole Deploy env, but I hate the thought of having to re-create it.

I'm very frustrated by this, any help would be appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Roger Mier September 5, 2018

I managed to answer my own question.  To successfully delete these, I had to first make them not Shared.  After accepting the warning that they were in use by the build job, I was able to delete them.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events