Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I debug Bamboo/Bitbucket Cloud connection problems?

Dan Rumney November 20, 2017

I'm trying to create a Bitbucket Cloud repository in my Bamboo instance, but I keep getting connection errors (specifically, 403s, when I try to load repos).

I know that the username and password is correct, because I have scrupulously tested this aspect of it.

I do see that I'm getting `XSRF check failed` back from the Bitbucket Cloud... why?

Is there a way to get any deep insight into the problem at hand so that i can resolve it?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Elias Zeidan (they/them)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2017

Hi Dan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I understand that you are getting an XSRF error when adding a Bitbucket Cloud repository.

When Bamboo retrieves the repositories on Bitbucket Cloud, it calls an endpoint on the Bamboo API first. In general, the source of the XSRF errors is Bamboo's Tomcat server not being configured for the correct URLs.

This can often be related to reverse proxies. Please check

<bamboo-install>/conf/server.xml

and add the following (replacing the placeholders as needed) to the first (uncommented) Connector in that file:

<!-- add this if the port you access Bamboo on is not 8085 -->
proxyPort=yyyy
<!-- add this if the URL you access Bamboo on is not its hostname -->
proxyName=mydomain.com
<!-- add the following if using https -->
secure=true
scheme=https

Once that has been added, please restart Bamboo for the changes to take effect.

Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
Elias | Bamboo Support

Thanks Elias -

I'm trying this now, but is this documented somewhere? If so, I must have missed it...

That did it!

Thanks

Elias Zeidan (they/them)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2017

Hi Dan,

Great! I'm glad to hear that our suggestion was able to help you out. 

In case other users may find this answer helpful, could you please mark it as "Accepted" by clicking the check mark by my first reply?

Finally, for further details on the steps posted above, we do have some mentions of this in our proxy documentation, such as the following articles:

Thanks,
Elias | Bamboo Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events