Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I configure YAML specs to trigger the deployment from a specific branch?

Vinh Hong September 11, 2019

According to the doc, I can configured my spec as follow.  But scanning is failing stating that it is unable to locate the triggering branch "dev-branch".  I have dev-branch in my current linked repo.  What is missing?

#----------------------- Dev Environment -----------------------------                
Dev:
  triggers:
    - build-success:
        branch: dev-branch

2 answers

0 votes
Vinh Hong September 16, 2019

I'm not quiet understand the instruction above.  Can you provide screen shot as to where I can find the plan's branch name?

My understanding is that plan is already associated to the repository branch, during repository linking.  Am I suppose to create a branch manually in Bamboo plan?

Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 17, 2019

See screenshot

Capture 2019-09-17 at 11.34.16.png

Vinh Hong September 17, 2019

What?  I have to do a half configurations in YAML Specs, follow by manual update in Bamboo configurations, and then go back to YAML Specs to add the configurations?  Wow what a clumzy way for a configuration as code (CaC).

Also, since I purchase a license of Bamboo, isn't any support to fix the above issue?  At lease some kind of fix to allow scanning not to failed.  This is BAD product.

0 votes
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 14, 2019

Branch name should be the same as name of Plan branch in Bamboo. Not branch name in repository.

Branch name can be found at Display name field at screen by link http://localhost:8085/branch/admin/config/editChainBranchDetails.action?planKey=BRANCH-KEY

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events