Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How disable bamboo varibale logging for ScriptTask?

Andrey Budaev November 1, 2018

I have try add in section Bamboo log settings this classpath com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.scripttask and set log level = FATAL, but nothing changes.

Please help.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Berry
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 1, 2018

Hi Андрей

Can you confirm that you want to disable the variables listed in the build logs that refer to the command executed and the environment that is being passed to that command. eg.

command 02-Nov-2018 15:40:41 Beginning to execute external process for build 'tst - sh - Default Job #85 (TST-SH-JOB1-85)'\n ... running command line: \n/home/bamboo/bamboo-home-postgresql/temp/TST-SH-JOB1-85-ScriptBuildTask-4849783941163340321.sh\n ... in: /home/bamboo/bamboo-home-postgresql/xml-data/build-dir/TST-SH-JOB1\n ... using extra environment variables: \nbamboo_planRepository_1_branch=master\nbamboo_planRepository_1_branchDisplayName=master\nbamboo_repository_revision_number=1fa10f1655686a6338e1c582ce53e9890c860b6a\nbamboo_repository_16809985_git_username=\nbamboo_resultsUrl=http://linuxenv:8085/bamboo/browse/TST-SH-JOB1-85\nbamboo_build_working_directory=/home/bamboo/bamboo-home-postgresql/xml-data/build-dir/TST-SH-JOB1\nbamboo_planRepository_1_name=tstrepo\nbamboo_buildKey=TST-SH-...

This output is logged in the class com.atlassian.bamboo.processProcessServiceImpl at level INFO.

If you disable this logging it will remove the whole text including the command executed.

It will also remove the text for any other external process run by the agent.

There is no way to disable the environment variable part of the text.

I would recommend not disabling this logging :)

Let me know if I have got this wrong and it is something else you wish to disable..

thanks

Chris

Atlassian support - Bamboo

Andrey Budaev November 1, 2018

Hello, Chris. 

Yes, you understand me correct.  It is a pity that there is no such possibility.

Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 2, 2018

There's feature request to add such configuration https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-18294

Like Chris Berry likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events