How can i know the branch owner for a particular branch created under the plan.

Niharbabu May 24, 2018

Hi All,

Post successful/failure of a branch plan execution i want to notify the branch owner about it. How can i know the owner of a branch?

Note The branch creation is automatic and build trigger is scheduled. Neither branch creation nor build trigger is manual.

Thanks

Nihar

1 answer

0 votes
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2018

Hi @Niharbabu,

The branch will create in Bitbucket/git and while creating the plan you need to link the repo and need to select the branch.

If you are using the Jira software for managing project and there you have been added the trigger for creating an automatic branch when the particular transition happen then you can see before the branch Name the Issue key will be there using this might be you will know who has been assigned this jira issue and the assignee will be the owner of that branch.

There will be a suggestion has been created for this and the status is open.

Niharbabu May 25, 2018

Hi Yogesh, Thanks for the information.

The branch gets created automatically as per branch create condition under plan configuration. Trigger of the build happen as per plan trigger condition. 

Note: I haven't integrated the bamboo with jira.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events