Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I prompt for user input when deploying via Bamboo?

I'm looking for an option to prompt the user for input during a Bamboo deployment, so that I can use the entered value as a variable in my deployment steps. 

In the build process, there is a "Run customised..." option and something like that would already be sufficient for my use case. 

Is there any way to do this?

4 answers

I am surprised this functionality doesn't exist. I understand the idea is to be completely hands off and automated, but sadly that isn't always real world possible.

This is exactly the type of scenario i'd like to also run - while it makes automated deployments not possible, we don't want all of our deployments to be automated.  Sometimes, we just have to prompt for a key or some other "secret" value that we don't want stored, even in bamboo's weird "hiding" way.

I need to do the same thing, unfortunately, I haven't found any solution yet. It looks like hitting the "run customised" button is still needed in order to get some input from the user who is running the pipeline.

consider switching to Jenkins (-;

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bamboo

Bamboo 7.1 is here and is packed with value!

I'm happy to announce that Bamboo 7.1 has been released and it’s overflowing with awesome new features. Top-voted issues First and foremost, a bunch of JAC top voted issues has been delivered - y...

622 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you