Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I install the Bamboo Spec api Java classes?

sako73 February 5, 2020

I am trying to compile and publish a Bamboo Spec. I exported an existing build plan as a JavaSpec, and copied it to a PlanSpec.java file.

I run: javac PlanSpec.java -verbose

I get error messages like the following:

"PlanSpec.java:1: error: package com.atlassian.bamboo.specs.api does not exist"

It appears that it isn't finding the Bamboo Spec java libraries. Where can I download these libraries?

Thanks.

2 answers

1 vote
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2020

I would suggest you to generate proper Bamboo Specs project following instructions at https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/tutorial-create-a-simple-plan-with-bamboo-java-specs-894743911.html

And then paste content of Java file from browser to generated by archetype

0 votes
Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 8, 2020

Hi 

As Alexey mentioned, just use the Maven archetype to create a project template as described in the documentation.

Note: You must create Bamboo Specs in the bamboo-specs directory, under the repository root. Also, replace 6.x.x with the corresponding version of your Bamboo.

mvn archetype:generate -B \
  -DarchetypeGroupId=com.atlassian.bamboo -DarchetypeArtifactId=bamboo-specs-archetype \
  -DarchetypeVersion=6.x.x \
  -DgroupId=com.my.company -DartifactId=bamboo-specs \
  -Dversion=1.0.0-SNAPSHOT -Dpackage=com.my.company

Your sample project is created. You can then replace or modify with your generated Specs code.

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Jey

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events