Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I attach or upload a file for a plan to use when I trigger the plan manually on Bamboo 6.9.1

Jim Schwarz August 8, 2019

I have a plan that I would like to be able to either accept a file as a parameter, or in the plan browse to a location and select a file to be uploaded.  My plan will then move the file to a specific location and rename it.  Can anyone suggest a method that does not require a plugin (unless the plugin is free) that will accomplish this in Bamboo.  This is fairly easy to do in Jenkins.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 12, 2019

Hi @Jim Schwarz

The Bamboo SCP task does only upload from Bamboo to other servers/locations. There is an old request though to add also the download behavior to it.

I'm afraid this was not prioritized due to the low number of votes given the time this is already open.

Usually, we want a build to be predictable/replicable and therefore the data processed in it should come from a versioned source (repository). In your case you want the source to be external which will make a build associated with a repository to have multiple possible results for the same changeset of the associated source repository.

The best option I see in this case is using a script task with the SCP command to copy the file you want to the Bamboo build working directory (with this variable ${bamboo.build.working.directory})

In case you want to control this behavior with a custom variable, then will need to make sure your script task checks this variable and decide what to do next. The variable could bring the path to the file you want to copy in. e.g. The default value of the variable could tell the script task that no file needs to be copied.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events