Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How bamboo detects the job error | Job error event notification

Ashwani Pal January 12, 2022

Hi team,

I'm trying to trigger bamboo email notification when the below conditions succeed, for that in the notification section I have configured a job error event to trigger the notification without marking build failure, adding my code snippet below please help.

if grep "| HIGH" /tmp/trivy_scan.log
then
echo "ERROR : Trivy scan has HIGH severity vulnerabilities, please check the detailed log in artifact section to know more..."
rm -r some_dir 2>&1 >/dev/null ## test command to generate error
else
echo "Scan success..."
fi

echo $?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2022

Job error event is triggered in case any unexpected situation happens during job execution at agent: plugin misbehave, lack of resources etc. So Script task with output to error stream will not trigger Job Error notification. It's useful for rare situations and usually requires instance admin intervention to be solved

Ashwani Pal January 16, 2022

Thanks for the response, so is there any way to initiate bamboo email if IF CONDITION passes?

Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2022

if it's not reaction on build status, there's no other built in mechanism to initiate email. So you need to look at some console command to initiate email during build execution like https://www.folkstalk.com/2012/08/mail-command-examples-in-unix-linux.html

Like Ashwani Pal likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events