How Do I configure my bamboo branch builds for merging?

Hey guys, I'm a little confused about bamboo configuration. Here's what I wish to accomplish in a basic gitflow:

• Pull all branches except for master/dev on change and run: unit tests. If they succeed they will be manualy merged into dev.
  • Get dev branch, run unit tests. If they succeed automaticaly merge into master
  • Get master branch on change, run unit tests and if they succeed > build multiple elements such as API, Patches etc..

I can't seem to figure out how to do this.

If I make a plan that simply unit tests and then apply it to all branches (present and to come). I can't tell it to only merge the dev into the master..( Or I can't seem to figure out how). It looks like my only option is to merge all current branches into the master on success.

If I make a master build plan then the dev branch fails on the building phases (as is expected and therefore never reaches success/merge

Any help would be appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

> I can't tell it to only merge the dev into the master..

You can enable merge configuration for each branch separately.

Go to Plan Configuration. On the left you have list of all plan branches. Click on the 'dev' branch. On the 'branch details' tab click 'Branch merging enabled' and select 'Gatekeeper'.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Ops

Jira Ops Early Access Program Update #1: Announcing our next feature and a new integration

Thanks for signing up for Jira Ops! I’m Matt Ryall, leader for the Jira Ops product team at Atlassian. Since this is a brand new product, we’ll be delivering improvements quickly and sharing updates...

509 views 0 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you