cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Scala build

Mil e Uma Caraminholas March 15, 2019

Hello everyone, 

Each day a new challenge, uhn?

We were asked to install a SBT plugin so we could enable the SBT build on our pipeline, but we ain't no developers and we don't know for sure what we should do in order to achieve this goal.

I searched a little bit and quickly found out that there's two ways to do this, through the plugin and through a script task.

What is the preferred one?

If it's the script like, what do I need to do? 

A while ago we were asked to include the Node capability and it was as easy as installing the package on our agents and mapping it's executable path on the capabilities file. Is it the same?

We are running the  6.8.0th version of Bamboo.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 21, 2019

Hello @Mil e Uma Caraminholas

We were asked to install a SBT plugin so we could enable the SBT build on our pipeline, but we ain't no developers and we don't know for sure what we should do in order to achieve this goal.

I will address this at the end of this comment.

What is the preferred one?

If it's the script like, what do I need to do? 

This is up to you to decide. You will need a Scala developer that users SBT to check what is the best option for the team. The task provided by the SBT plugin is just a wrapper to simplify things. It is pretty similar to a Maven task. Anything that is done through the task can be done through a script task.

A while ago we were asked to include the Node capability and it was as easy as installing the package on our agents and mapping it's executable path on the capabilities file. Is it the same?

I think I know what is the issue you are facing here when comparing the SBT add-on with the Node one. The SBT plugin was not validated to be compatible with Bamboo 6.8.0 and for this reason, it cannot be installed directly from Admin >> Overview >> Find new apps.

I was able to test it and it works on Bamboo 6.8.0, but the installation will be slightly different. You will need to:

1. Download the add-on from this page: SBT Task Plugin for Bamboo | Atlassian Marketplace
  2. In Bamboo you have to navigate to Admin >> Overview >> Manage apps
  3. Click in Upload app
  4. And upload the jar you download previously

The app will be installed but it will show as incompatible. Bamboo didn't validate this app as compatible, this is expected, but the add-on will work.

⚠️ Please keep in mind that this add-on is Atlassian Labs project (more details here) and therefore has no owner for bug reports or improvements. 

Let me know if this addresses your question. =]

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events