Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heap Sizing

Rafael Valverde November 15, 2018

Hi guys, I would like to know what values I could set in list of system parameters. Guide: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo0605/administering-bamboo/system-settings/configuring-your-system-properties

1 answer

1 vote
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 21, 2018

Hi Rafael,

I'm assuming you are talking about the min and max heap, so I'll give you my answer to that.
This is the page we usually recommend: Bamboo Best Practice - System Requirements - Atlassian Documentation

The page talks about the general server specification. We usually define the min heap equals to the max heap to reduce the work of garbage collection.

The best values will be estimated based on your server load, not only by number of plans.

This is what I would do in your case:

1. Find the time of the day where your server is experiencing the higher load.
  2. Check the percentage of memory used in your server (Used memory/Total memory). You can get those values on Cog >> Overview >> System information >> Memory statistics.
  3. If you see that you have 75% or more of the memory used:
    1. Stop Bamboo
    2. Adjust the min and max memory to a bigger value, using Configuring your system properties - Atlassian Documentation documentation.
    3. Start Bamboo

I hope that helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events