Hardware sizing (RAM) for multiple local agents?

e August 6, 2012

Hello people,

i just read a blog post of Atlassian (http://blogs.atlassian.com/2012/07/how-many-bamboo-build-agents/) and I want to ask you about your user experience. Do somebody of you use multiple local agents? If so, please tell me the amount of RAM that this machine has?

We're thinking about the following:

We would implement 1 Buildserver with 12 GB RAM and only Bamboo is running there on a Windows Server 2008 R2. We are only building .NET applications and we would need 8 local agents and 4 remote agents (where the long-running and memory-intensive things like regression tests will be performed).

Do you think that setup can work?

2 answers

1 vote
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 6, 2012

Local agents do not require much extra RAM, they use the same JVM as Bamboo server.

Just make sure you have enough database connections and use a 64bit JVM. Depending on your builds, you may need to increase the amount of RAM for your Bamboo Server - it's hard to say upfront if you'll need that though.

0 votes
e August 6, 2012

Yes that would be a 64 Bit Java on this machine and I know that's a hard question - would be interesting if some people post their hardware and bamboo config / build info's here ;)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events