Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTPS / SSL bamboo server behind an AWS Elastic Load Balancer

Charmaine Flowers October 31, 2017

How to setup a HTTPS / SSL bamboo server behind an AWS Elastic Load Balancer.  Used the EC2 wizard to install the bamboo server.

1 answer

1 vote
Oscar Nevarez Leal September 11, 2018

I pin this tab into my browser promising to myself to return once I found the answer. It was really difficult for me to find something related to a solution, after you provisioned your server using EC2 wizard all you got is Bamboo instance running out of the box and a lot of question such as this one.

Here´s the things I did.

1. Import your certificate- I used Amazon Certificate Manager for SSL certificate generation but other options are well accepted, you can even import your already issued certificates.
  2. Create a target group that includes your EC2 instance on its list of registered instances.
  3. Create a application load balancerwith port 80 y 443 forwarding to your target group. You need to make sure Listener on port 443 use your certificate otherwise you’ll get an 503 error.

Tip: one thing that came very handy was to grab the DNS from the load balancer and add a CNAME entry in our DNS records for custom Bamboo subdomain. If you are interested in this note that you must change your Bamboo Url in Settings.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events