Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grant permission to bamboo project and plan using rest API

Kishore Kannan August 15, 2021

Hello All,

I am trying to automate the process of providing permission to bamboo project/plan using rest-api. 

I am able to provide project permission using below curl command.

curl -X PUT -u username:password -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d "[ \"READ\", \"CREATE\",\"ADMINISTRATION\"]" {Bamboo_URL}/rest/api/latest/permissions/project/{PROJECT_KEY}/users/{USER_NAME}

Also I am able to provide individual plan permission using below curl command

curl -X PUT -u username:password -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d "[\"READ\",\"WRITE\",\"BUILD\",\"CLONE\",\"ADMINISTRATION\"]" {Bamboo_URL}/rest/api/latest/permissions/plan/{PLAN_KEY}/users/{USER_NAME}

I want to provide access to all plan in the project through "Plan Permissions" in project setting. I am not able to find the correct api URL for doing it. Can you please help with the rest-api URL to provide "Plan Permissions" in Project setting.

Plan permission - Bamboo Project.PNG

Thanks in advance

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kishore Kannan August 18, 2021

Hi,

Projectplan permission can be provided through below API URL.

curl -X PUT -u admin:password -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d "[\"READ\", \"WRITE\", \"BUILD\", \"CLONE\",\"ADMINISTRATION\"]" {Bamboo_URL}/rest/api/latest/permissions/projectplan/{PROJECT_KEY}/users/{USER_NAME}

You can refer this documentation as well projectplan permissions

Thank you

krishnateja October 26, 2022

Hi Team , 

We are trying to  implement to grant project permission to the user using powershell , and we are stuck in how to pass this values  "[ \"READ\", \"CREATE\",\"ADMINISTRATION\"]" to a rest api 

this below is the powershell syntax

$jParams = @{
Uri = (<bambooURL>, rest/api/latest/permissions/project/ -join "/") + "<ProjectName>" + "/users/" + "userID"
Method = 'PUT'
Headers = $jHeaders
}

How to pass this values "[ \"READ\", \"CREATE\",\"ADMINISTRATION\"]" to below command

try {
$bambooProjectAdminAddDataResponse = Invoke-RestMethod @jParams -ErrorAction Stop
}

Please assist us if anyone has suggestion how to achieve this 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events