Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting started with Elixir and Bamboo

Pedro Martins February 11, 2019

We use Elixir at our work (a language that compiles to Erlang which runs on the BEAM VM) and we are looking at several CI tools.

One of the tools we are considering is Jira Bamboo, but I was unable to find any guides or any material stating support for Elixir (or Erlang for that matter).

How can we integrate Elixir (or other languages using the BEAM VM) with Jira bamboo?

Do we have to use Docker?

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 28, 2019

Hi @Pedro Martins

I can talk about the Bamboo side of things. You can use Bamboo to automate any building environment, the only difference is that for some of them like JAVA we already have some tasks (as wrappers) to simplify your life. In your case, you will need to use script tasks to call your builders and external tools to get your work done.

You can use most of the OS types to build your application (OSX, Linux, Windows,...) priorly prepared with your tools. Or you can also use Docker containers too. The main advantage of using Docker containers is that you can have a very clean, replicable and versioned environment.

I strongly suggest you check this video Getting Started with Atlassian Bamboo - Build Structure Deep-Dive, installing Bamboo as a trial and sharing your questions have when testing it.

Each CI environment is different and relies on your company process so it is better if you know how the tool works and then how to build the process you need with the tool.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events