Getting "Could not find war file at..." error, even though the path is right... what am I doing wrong?

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Using Tomcat with Bamboo for continuous deployment

I'm getting the "could not find war file at..." error. But the path it tells me it can't find the war at is the correct path to a file that I have verified does exist. Any ideas how to fix this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

One immediate thought - a lot of OS's say "can't find file", when they should say:

• file is not there (you've checked that)
  • file has strange characters in the name that confuse it, so it's not there (unlikely, but I had to mention it.  Copy the path and file name and try an ls with the pasted string)
  • the account trying to read the file does not have the right permissions to do so

permissions issue. Thanks!

@Christopher Tas, when you changed permissions, was it on the user you specified for the Tomcat Manager account? Or somewhere else?

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Organizing your space just got easier - Page Tree Drag & Drop is here

Hi Community! I’m Elaine, Confluence Product Manager. You may have read my earlier post about page tree in space navigation sidebar. I'm excited to share another improvement that helps you organize ...

101 views 3 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you