Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting an error when running Powershell inline script

Hector Magnanao November 14, 2018

can't seem to run powershell inline script in bamboo.  I keep getting this error after setting up a new bamboo agent:

Failing task since return code of [powershell -ExecutionPolicy bypass -Command D:\bamboo-agent-home\temp\ID-TP-JOB1-47-ScriptBuildTask-7318819736850637125.ps1] was -1 while expected 0

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Omar Herrera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2018

Hi @Hector Magnanao please check the environment variable PATH have the windows  powershell exe 

C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\

For test purpose you can add a new task with this inline cmd script

SET 
powershell -Command "$PSVersionTable.PSVersion"

This code show the path variables for you agent.

Cheers.

Omar H.

Hector Magnanao January 7, 2019

Omar,

This is already fixed.  Thanks for your suggestion.

Hector Magnanao March 13, 2019

Hi Omar,

This error seems to come back again with a new bamboo agent.  I tried that command above but it gives me this error:

Unable to find executable at cmd.exe. Will try to run it anyway.
'powershell' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

0 votes
Eric Maynard February 21, 2019

For those who are wondering, I also had this issue on a Windows 2016 box, with bamboo agent running as a non-interactive service, using the java wrapper.exe. On that machine, the system %PATH% was not being loaded for a domain user account which was being used to run the service. I got things working by modifying the wrapper.conf (referenced on the command line for the win service) to include the following lines:

set.default.MYPATH=%PATH%%WRAPPER_PATH_SEPARATOR%C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\%WRAPPER_PATH_SEPARATOR%
set.PATH=%MYPATH%

These statements should be on two lines. I used a temporary variable due to a bug mentioned in https://wrapper.tanukisoftware.com/doc/english/props-envvars.html

This may be a hack. I'm not sure what the proper way of injecting the system PATH into a service context is, if any.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events