Get revision number from artifacts from another job

Ernte1893 November 19, 2018

Dear Community,

I created a buildjob that uses artifacts from two different buildjobs A and B (therefore, has no own repository). The job itself creates an artifact C that I want to upload to Artifactory (the binary version control tool). So, now I want to create properties that link directly to the revision number of the artifacts. In the buildjobs a and b that create A and B, it can be easily accessed with ${bamboo.repository.revision.number}. However, since I do not checkout any repo and only use the artifacts via the sharing artifact option:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/sharing-artifacts-359400060.html

the revision.number variable is not an option.

Do you have any suggestions how to get to the required commit hash?

Thx for your help,
kind regards

1 answer

0 votes
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2018

You could propagate the ${bamboo.repository.revision.number} variable by means of a secondary artifact and the Bamboo Variables task, roughly: 

1. Dump the variable to a properties file via the Bamboo Script task in plans A and B, i.e. (from the top of my head) something like:
    • 'echo "plan1hash= $bamboo_repository_revision_number" >plan1.properties' for Bash
  2. Share the two property files as secondary artifacts with plan C
  3. Download  the secondary artifacts from plan A and B in plan C
  4. Inject new variables from the two property files in plan C with the Bamboo Variables task
  5. Use the two commit hashes by consuming the variables in your Artifactory upload

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events