cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic bamboo plan for multiple distinct code repos

Deleted user July 17, 2023

Hello All,

Need some help.

So we have a usecase where we want to trigger the same bamboo plan for multiple distinct code repos (Bitbuckets) on a pull request. We have done this by adding multiple repositories, this essentially works but now we have few questions.

1.  is there a way to append Triggered repo name to Build name. So instead of "Build #1", we would like to see "REPO_A Build #1" or something similar.

2. In the build summary and history tabs, could we have the triggered repo name as well mentioned

1 answer

1 vote
Shashank Kumar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 18, 2023

Hello Srinivasan,

Thanks for reaching out to Atlassian community support, my name is Shashank and I'll help you here.

For your first question, if my understanding is right you are talking about the buildresultnumber, I don't think so you can append any repo name of any text there, this build number is not modifiable and the column which holds the value is a int4 ( integer ) data type. If you are interested in changing the build numbers to specific value which you want, you can refer https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamkb/changing-the-current-build-number-in-bamboo-759858218.html

For your second query I think this information can be seen under Commits tag, it would give you the information about the repository for which the commit was made and then the build trigerred, something like below

image.png

Let me know if this helps.

You can also refer https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamkb/how-to-identify-which-repository-triggered-a-build-1093015126.html which explain few ways in which this information can be printed in the Build logs.

**please don't forget to Accept the answer if your query was answered**

Regards,

Shashank Kumar

Deleted user July 19, 2023

Hello Shashank,

Thanks for the response.

But it doesnt help us :(.

The concern I raised was from operation aspect. Let me try explaining,

So as per the design, we want to have a single generic plan to promote different business code repos. Which technically works. 

But now, when Operations comes to the Build history page they only see, #1, #2 etc. And if they want to find out from the history page itself which repo has triggered, its not possible.

Which is why we either wanted to change the Build Number to have the "Repo name" prepend in front. And your first suggestion will not work as it can hold only Integer. But I was wondering the symbol "#" is coming is it hardcoded some or could customize it with some text.?

Regarding your second suggestion, we are already using it, but it again will not help us, as to see the details, one has to go inside the build, which is not possible as Operations team wont know which build to open.

Which is why we were thinking, either update the "#" with some text, or else, if we could customize the "Plan Summary Tab/Page" or "History tab/page" and add additional custom column.

Plan Summary

Image 19.07.23 at 21.09.jpeg

History

Image 19.07.23 at 21.09.jpeg

Regards

Srini

Shashank Kumar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 19, 2023

Hello Srini,

Thanks for your feedback.

I am afraid what you are asking is currently not available, I went ahead and created a feature request for the same, please refer https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-22422 for more details.

Please be sure to watch it, and vote on it, so that you're notified if this is implemented in a future release. For your reference, you can find Atlassian policy on how we prioritise feature and improvement requests at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DEV/Implementation+of+New+Features+Policy

You can also add a comment to the feature request to explain your specific use-case to the developers.

**please don't forget to Accept the answer if your query was answered**

Regards,

Shashank Kumar

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events