Format for "Instant messaging address" on Bamboo user profile?

JoshMcCullough March 10, 2016

Hi, how can I link Bamboo to my HipChat account? What is the proper format of the "" field in my Bamboo account?

1 answer

0 votes
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2016

Update

The Bamboo HipChat integration only supports room notifications right now, please watch/vote/comment on the following improvement to raise awareness for this limitation:

That being said, here's a workaround that would work for me given the specific use case:

Workaround via Private HipChat Room

You could create a private room just for this purpose (say 'josh.bamboo'), with yourselve being the only member. You can then configure any Bamboo plan to send notification events for Failed Builds And First Successful with the 'Notify' option checked to 'josh.bamboo' - as a result, you (and only you) should get a notification accordingly (you can further customize the room notification setting on the HipChat side of thins, e.g. to 'Loud').

Initial Answer

The "" in Bamboo refers to a different type of chat integration based on XMPP, the open standard for messaging and presence. While HipChat does in fact support XMPP, this is rarely used for Atlassian tools these days and most likely not what you are looking for. Rather, you are probably looking for Integrating Bamboo with HipChat so that you get Bamboo notifications in your chat room for events such as:

• when a build passes or fails
  • when you are assigned responsibility for a breaking build
  • when a build you are responsible for has been fixed
  • when a manual stage of a build is ready to be run
  • when a deployment starts, and completes

For more information on how to achieve that, please refer to Configure Bamboo plans to send notifications to a room in hipchat.com.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events