Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter by Project

gbonk July 22, 2012

Could bamboo have a feature to filter out the dashbord by Project instead of plan? We have 100s of projects but most people are only interested in a couple of them.

1 answer

0 votes
James Dumay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2012

Hi gbonk,

You should be able todo this with Dashboard labels. See this blog post :)

Thanks
James

gbonk July 24, 2012

I could do that if I wanted to tag 100s of plans and then also I would have to rememeber to tag new plans. This is the same issue I have with the "favorites"... when I look at My Bamboo some plans are missing because then I have to explicitly favorite them.

I want and easy way to explictly "favourite" 4 of our projects out of 100+ projects and 1000s of plans. Then I would only see four projects on the "All Plans" This would need to be a new feature it appears.

So if I could show only the projects that I want and ALL of the plans w/o any additional interaction ( maybe filter out disabled ones too ).

Cameron Ferguson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2012

@gbonk,

I've mentioned this before as well. Labels are nice in some regards, but they certainly don't help achieve everything that you want as easily as you should be able to do it in my opinion. One of the issues I've found with labeling has been that if you label an existing plan, that's only going to tag new builds. All the older builds need to be manually re-labeled. The labels working like this do provide some advantages for certain situations, but not as a general "project filter" like you and I are both wanting to see.

For us I'd like to see projects fall under "suites" of software. We could assign a particular project to an overall "Suite" that you set up. This ideally would give you tabs across the top of the navigation area that would contain your plans and all their builds. This idea is a bit beyond the traditional "Labeling" idea.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events