Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to start elastic instances: Error when starting a new instance

Thomas Hughes July 16, 2015

I have been trying to start a new instance of a Ubuntu stock image, but I always receive the error message. 

"Failed to start elastic instances: Error when starting a new instance"

In my Amazon console I have setup an 'Atlassion' user which currently has full Administrator access. I generated the access key for this account and thats what im using in Bamboo.

I can see that two security groups have been created by Bamboo(elasticbamboo,ControlledByBamboo) in the Amazon EC2 console so Bamboo is certainly connecting to my account correctly. I tried deleting these security groups, and upon trying to start a new instance from bamboo they are recreated.

So I dont know whats going on at this point, I would appreciate some assistance.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thomas Hughes July 20, 2015

For everyone else's reference, I was told the following by Atlassian support and it worked for me.

"Thank you for contacting Atlassian Support and nice to meet you.

I believe that you are running to this bug regarding Bamboo.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-16109
Do watch the ticket to get latest changes made to the bug ticket. As a workaround; I advice manually creating the keypair with name "elasticbamboo" in the AWS console for the region that your elastic instances are configured to start up in. Also please keep the private key file as Bamboo won't have it on the server side."

0 votes
Rick Waugh July 21, 2015

Creating the keypair as stated in the ticket worked.

0 votes
Rick Waugh July 20, 2015

Got exactly the same problem going on.

0 votes
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 17, 2015

Please create request at support.atlassian.com

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events