Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fail build if code coverage less than limit

ucas_sureshgurunathan September 24, 2018

Hi Team,

We are using following tool for CICD. We would like to know how to fail build if coverage is less than limit. In the build plan we have added task for sonar and dotcover.

Bamboo - 5.14.5

SonarScanner for MSBuild 4.3.1

JetBrains dotCover Console Runner 2018.1.4. Build 112.0.20180731.145946

nunit-2.6.4

BitBucket

Thank you,

Suresh Kumar G

1 answer

0 votes
Gerhard Forster
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 24, 2018

You could use targetPercentage option to fail the build and then stop deployment.

Such settings, as you request, are not available in Bamboo Administration UI since this feature-set is part of Clover product configuration. You could e.g. combine Clover with Maven to build your project.

For deployment, as I understand you want to perform, you could do the following:

(1) Add maven-clover2-plugin to your pom.xml (2) Define <targetPercentage> option (3) Maven task should run: clean clover2:setup test clover2:aggregate clover2:clover clover2:check (so to see coverage reports as well) (4) In Bamboo you can now choose "Clover is already integrated into this build" (5) Your deployment task trigger shall depend on a successful build task

Please refer to the below documentation for more information:

As the second article shows, Clover combines also with Ant. I found nothing for MSBuild.

Nonetheless, hope this helps.

Cheers, Gerhard

ucas_sureshgurunathan September 25, 2018

Hi Gerhard,

Thank you for reply. We are looking for option to make the build failure in MSBuild. For now we are enabling the notification alone from SonarQube if quality going down. 

Thank you,

Suresh Kumar G

ucas_sureshgurunathan September 28, 2018

Hi Gerhard,

Will the plugin https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212756/sonar-for-bamboo?hosting=server&tab=overview help me in this ? To fail the build.

Thank you,

Suresh Kumar G

Gerhard Forster
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 28, 2018

Hi Suresh,

I cannot tell you with certainty, but from I read in its description, I believe it should - it's written: Includes a build breaker functionality to fail the build if the configured SonarQube quality gates fail.

I'd assume that code coverage is one of various possible quality gates.

I suggest to try it for free for a while and check exactly this. Please be aware that this plugin comes with an extra cost, not covered by your Bamboo license as it's a Third Party plugin.

Please let us know if it's your perfect hit!

Thanks, Gerhard

ucas_sureshgurunathan October 4, 2018

Hi Gerhard,

Thank you. We will try this and check it out.

Thank you,

Suresh Kumar G

Gerhard Forster
Atlassian Team
October 4, 2018

You're most welcome.

Let Community know how it goes, so it might be a great reference for others to.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events