Export bash variable for use in deployment task

Dewang Shah March 21, 2018

I have a Script task in my Deployment project that executes some shell commands. I want this shell command to have access to a Bash environment variable (Not a Bamboo variable).

If I was running this script manually at the command line I would export the variable in my .bashrc and it would be available to the script. How can I achieve the same thing when the script is running inside Bamboo?

1 answer

0 votes
robhit
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 21, 2018

Hi Devang,

Thanks for your question!

Try using like this:

source ~/.bashrc

echo $variable

Please accept the answer if it helps you so that others can also make use of it.

Thanks,

Robhit

Dewang Shah March 21, 2018

Hi Rohit,

Do you mean add a "source" line to my deployment task? I have about 30 tasks, I was hoping I could have the task access system environment variables without going in to each one and editing them.

robhit
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 22, 2018

Hi Dewang,

You could also try to add the variables in the ".bash_profile" or the ".profile" then it will be available.

Thanks,

Robhit

Dewang Shah March 22, 2018

I've already added the variable to the .profile but it doesn't get picked up when the task is running inside Bamboo. Is there any other change that needs to be made? Do I need to restart the Bamboo server?

Just to clarify - this is an _inline_ Script task running as part of a Deployment project

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events