Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Examples needed for bamboo yaml specs

anusha August 30, 2018

i am trying to use bamboo yaml specs to create a plan, checkout a code and build it, but i don't seem to find any example other than the dragon slayer example ! can someone help me and point me in right direction ?

2 answers

1 vote
Gabriel Ribeiro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2018

Hi Anusha,

Is there any specific thing you want to do?

Please note that all current  YAML Specs library available is covered by the reference documentation and if you're not finding examples of what you're trying to do there, it's possible that you'll not be able to use YAML specs to create your plan. 

Is it possible to share with us details of your plan? What building tool are using?

thanks.

kitsushadow July 25, 2019

Maybe some actual yaml example code in the Reference Docs would be great. 

I'm reviewing the reference docs right now and I need to do a simple checkout. 

• Add CheckoutItem objects. You will specify the repository and the path where it will be checked out. You can add multiple CheckoutItem.
  • Decide if task should perform a clean checkout. If set, the task will remove contents of each specified folder before checking out the source code.

That's straight out of the Reference Documentation. There is no example of where or how CheckoutItem should be used and how the options for it like clean checkout should be applied. Incredibly poor documentation. 

Unfortunately my team doesn't have Java experience, besides myself so just switching to Java spec isn't an option.

Like Ashley Blackmore likes this
Foong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 25, 2019

YAML have checkout task by default without any configuration. https://docs.atlassian.com/bamboo-specs-docs/6.9.2/specs.html?yaml#task-repository-checkout

Feature request https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-20529 to configure more options to the checkout task

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this
0 votes
anusha September 6, 2018

Thank you for the response, given the limitations, i switched to java specs to build the pipeline.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events