Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when attempting to Update Zephyr Versions

Cdnyoung February 5, 2020

I have some bamboo jobs that run scripts hitting the Zephyr API, specifically trying to update our test plan cycles. Recently (2 days ago) I started seeing this error when attempting to send a call to the api.

"error": "Invalid input. Please verify input and try again."

Looking at the logs, i see it's trying to hit this URL:

[our.jira.url]/rest/zapi/latest/cycle?versionId=[versionId]

I've confirmed this version Id is present on our test cycle summary page, but I can't seem to get any more information about why this can occur, or, how to solve it. Interestingly, if I try to expand the Test Cycle this is referring to, it will no longer expand, thus I can no longer add tests to the cycle.

UPDATE: Not sure why but I can't enter this as a reply below. 

Thanks, I received the following steps that resolved it:

1) Regarding test cycle not expand issue: 

> Go to JIRA Administration -> Add-ons -> Zephyr for JIRA -> General configurations page.

> In the General configurations page, scroll down at the sort option select "custom order" radio button option.

> Now go to Plan Test cycle page and see if you are able to expand the cycle or not?

3 answers

0 votes
Manuel Lindner May 26, 2020

@Cdnyoung thank you for the update. It solved to problem ;)

Have you also contacted the vendor and reported this bug or did you get any further information from them?

0 votes
Yesim Poyraz March 10, 2020

Hi Cdnyoung,

Thank you for updateds. This also works for me.

Thanks,

0 votes
Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 8, 2020

Hi @Cdnyoung ,

I'm not familiar with this plugin. Did you get any clue from your atlassian-bamboo.log?

Also,Did you get in touch with Zephyr support for this?

Cheers, Jey

Cdnyoung February 19, 2020

@Jeyanthan I 

See update above

Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 20, 2020

Hey @Cdnyoung ,

Not sure why you cannot post a response. Glad that you were able to resolve the issue and share the steps with the community.

Cheers,
Jey

Tarun_Aggarwal February 25, 2020

Hi @Cdnyoung ,

I am getting the same error "Invalid input. Please verify input and try again." from few days.

What is the "expand the cycle or not" issue here?

Are you able to get past the above error with the steps you have mentioned?

Thanks,

Tarun

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events