Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error using new 6.7 feature "Repository Tag"

Jörg Mattes October 23, 2018

Hi

I've upgraded to bamboo 6.7.1, and now I'm trying to use the new feature Repository Tasks. I'm trying to tag when I deploy, so I added the task "Repository Tag" to my deployment project, but it fails with:

23-Okt-2018 14:54:20 Error occurred while running Task 'Tag(4)' of type com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.vcs:task.vcs.tagging.
23-Okt-2018 14:54:20 com.atlassian.bamboo.task.TaskException: Repository id 17530883 is invalid. Please reselect from the configuration screen.
23-Okt-2018 14:54:20 at com.atlassian.bamboo.utils.BambooPreconditions.checkThat(BambooPreconditions.java:29)
23-Okt-2018 14:54:20 at com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.vcs.task.VcsTagTask.execute(VcsTagTask.java:48)

I reselected the repository in the system config and the plan config, but still get the same error. I even checked in the database, and as far as I can see, that id is valid.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jörg. 

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Jörg Mattes October 24, 2018

Ok, problem solved now. I just had to put a "Checkout" Task in front of the "Tag" Task.

0 votes
Jörg Mattes October 23, 2018

Quick update: I did some more testing, and it seems that tagging works as part of a build plan, but not as part of a deployment. 

May Chan January 14, 2020

Using Bamboo 6.10.2 - is that still true that tagging a repo does not work in deployment tasks?  I mean, that's the time to tag the repo is when something is deployed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events