Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Unable to download artifact Shared artifact

Aditi7 February 22, 2019

I am using Shared artifact feature of bamboo to share files from build plan to deployment project.

But when I run deployment project I am facing error "Unable to download artifact Shared artifact"

Bamboo version I am using is 6.3.2

Kindly look into this on high priority.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 27, 2019

Hi @Aditi7

Can you check if the artifact was published in the origin plan? You should see a message like this in your deployment logs "

...Preparing to download plan result: PROJ-PLAN-BUILD#

Do you think you can share the logs from PROJ-PLAN-BUILD# and from the deployment?
We only need the relevant part of it, the lines referring to the artifacts.

Aditi Gaikwad March 1, 2019

Deployment is taking old build no in 

.Preparing to download plan result: PROJ-PLAN-BUILD#

It is not taking latest build number 

Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 1, 2019

The deployment will always try to get the artifacts from a specific build (the build which was released). Every deployment will deploy a specific release. If you try to rerun a deployment it will keep trying to deploy that specific release, in other words, the same old build.

The message I shared can be found in your deployment logs and will tell you what exactly build is the one being deployed. Using that build key you can check if that build has the artifact you need or if for some reason the artifact was not deployed.

Another option is to deploy a new release. There are some ways to do it, so let me share them:

Create the release from the build result page and then deploy it 

1. You create a new release, by navigating to the build result you want to deploy:
    <Bamboo_URL>/browse/PROJ-PLAN-BUILD#
  2. Then click in Create release.
  3. Navigate to your deployment and select the option to Promote existing release to this environment

Create the release through the deploy page 

1. Navigate to your deployment and select the option to Create a new release from build result

You can even configure your deployment to create a release for every successful build by adding an After successful build plan trigger into your deployment environment.

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events