Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notifications for build plan with specs-yaml

matgry July 18, 2019

I've gotten email notifications to work in a yaml-spec deployment and according to the spec-yaml reference here

it seems possible to also do it from a yaml-specced build plan. However, there are no examples of that in the reference so the exact way of doing that eludes me. I have tried the same syntax bit (with "plan-finished" event):

notifications:
- events:
- deployment-finished
recipients:
- emails:
- m@j.com

in different places in the plan yaml document, but cannot find the right place for it. Validation error message is:

Document structure is incorrect: Found following unused properties: notifications

Anyone tried and succeeded with this?

While I'm on the subject: is there a list of yaml-names for the different plan events that can trigger notifications? I guess I could trial and error it from converting non-yaml plans to java specs and hope that the java classes are actually named like the events, but... :)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2019

Hi @matgry

The absence of examples happens because there is no implementation for plan notifications at the moment. I was able to talk to one of our developers and this feature was postponed due to possible design conflicts with other feature that is still in course of conclusion. That is the reason we have notifications for deployment but not for plans.

We have a feature request tracking the interest of users in this feature to help us prioritize its implementation. This is the one:

I encourage you to vote on it to help us track your interest in this feature. Unfortunately, I don't have a workaround for this. What you could try is using a script task to send mails with the mutt command, but you will face issues to send them when the build fails.

I hope this information helps you to move forward somehow.

matgry July 23, 2019

Ah. Did not see the JIRA issue. Voted.

In the meantime, it would be nice to have the yaml documentation reflect the state of affairs. Presently, one could be forgiven for thinking that there is support for plan notifications in yaml:

https://docs.atlassian.com/bamboo-specs-docs/6.9.0/specs.html?yaml#notifications said:

"Notifications in Bamboo are triggered by a range of events involving a plan and its jobs, including build completion, build outcomes and comments being posted against build results. You can configure whether notifications are sent for a particular event for each plan and job, and who they are sent to".

Thanks,

Mattias

Like Daniel Santos likes this
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2019

Hi @matgry

Thank you so much for the feedback. I'll open another ticket to request this update in our docs.

Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
July 23, 2019

Hi @matgry

This is the one:

Let me know if you need anything else in this matter.

Like matgry likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events