Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elastic agent randomly fails to start

Stefan Fußenegger November 13, 2013

Our elastic agent somtimes fails to start. The instance itself comes up without problems. We're using spot instances and

After logging in, I find several log files in /tmp (testIfStartedFromBamboo.log, setupEphemeralStorageStructure.log, setupEbsSnapshot.log, BambooStartupLog.log, checkElasticAgent.log - in order of last modification) without any ovious errors.

I suspect it might have something to do with the Elastic IP we use (`ec2-associate-address` in /mnt/bamboo-ebs/bin/customise-extras.sh). I think Elastic IPs should be supported. Is this the correct way to use them?

1 answer

1 vote
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2013

Elastic IPs tend to interfere with agent startup. We are aware of this and we are planning to include a fix in one of the future releases.

This mostly applies to assigning EIPs while the agent is running. Customise-extras - or instance setup script - _should_ be OK. Could you try adding a sleep 60 after association?

Stefan Fußenegger November 13, 2013

Ok. I'll let you know if it happens again. Thanks!

Stefan Fußenegger November 19, 2013

I used 15s sleep but that didn't fix the problem. I'll try your suggestion of 60s now.

Stefan Fußenegger November 21, 2013

nope, 60s doesn't fix it either, still hanging

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events