Elastic Agent goes offline during a build

Hi,

I have set up an on demand build plan, with an elastic agent that starts up on demand when the bamboo build queue, using passive instance managment. I have run 3 builds and 2 of them have have failed with the error

[MY BUILD NAME]: Agent 'Elastic Agent on i-52e8c135' went offline while building JOB-12. The build results will not be saved.

I cant see any logs.

The agent should stay online until the build has finised and the idle time has passed, but it seem to just shut down randomly. How can I fix this?

4 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Random agent shutdowns plaguing OnDemand users should be gone after the update performed last week.

We're seeing this on our internal bamboo instance with remote agents. Is there a corresponding issue/fix in bamboo 5.x ?

We are being hit by the same issue in Bamboo 5.4.1. Is there a fix ??

What do agent build logs say while you can access them, do you have any exceptions in them? You may be affected by this bug.

Przemek,

I am getting this as well. I just set up a Windows AMI for Bamboo AOD 4.1 and it randomly goes offline

Agent 'Elastic Agent on i-e8ace290' went offline while building TC-TESTS-WINDOWSSERVER2008R264BITCONFIGURATION-211. The build results did not finish.

How can I debug this and work out why my AMI is bombing out? Sometimes it works fine... :(

Here's the log file:

https://answers.atlassian.com/upfiles/TC-TESTS-WINDOWSSERVER2008R264BITCONFIGURATION-211_1.log

This looks like it's happening because the build is stalling. this could be because I was running it on a Small instance...Lets try Large

I think the cause of this was very long builds, as our maven build was having to download the repository from scratch each time. I fixed this by adding EBS with a pre loaded maven repo, and setting up a Nexus repository running in the cloud , and pointing the settings.xml in the EBs to point at this repo, so that any extra artifacts needed can be downloaded quickly.

Our builds are running very fast and with no problems now.

We are being hit by the same issue in Bamboo 5.4.1. Is there a fix ??

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

264 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you