Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download the zip file from global repo and place it one apache folder

Pratik April 19, 2018

Hello Team, 

We are using one zip plugin which is already placed at the global artifact( this has been done by another team) who regularly do building and pushing it to global artifact.

Now what we want to do? we want to make the plan which downloads the zip file from the global artifact, unzip it and place it in one location on the application server. 

I don't have any clue about this if someone has any idea about this please share your thoughts.

Thanks

Pratik

1 answer

0 votes
Omar Herrera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2018

Hi @Pratik if you application server is linux/unix you can user scp  task in bamboo for place your artifact, if you are in windows you can user ms web deploy and make a inline script task for achieve this.

Cheers.

Pratik April 21, 2018

Thanks Omar, do we have sample scp command for downloading zip from artifact and unzip it and push it to server.

Thanks

Pratik

Pratik April 23, 2018

Do you have any sample for scp task which download the zip file unzip it and pushed it furhter. ?

Thanks

Pratik

Omar Herrera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2018

Hi @Pratik there is an example for you (all this task is on deployment proyect):  

1. Download the Artifact (on agent)

artifact.JPG2. Send artifact to server (the zip file)scp.JPG

3. Unzip file on the server

unzip.JPG

Let me know it's usefull for you.

Cheers.

Omar.

Pratik April 23, 2018

Thanks, Omar for the very quick reply but I have two questions

1) in the first task itself of artifact download:  how bamboo would know from where should I download the artifacts? I mean where should we have to specify the path. 

e.g:

this is the path where .zip file lies. 

URL: https://globalrepository.ABC.com/artifactory/releases/com/frontend/V2R2.4-RELEASE/PORTAL-UI-V2R2.4-RELEASE.zip

I have this understanding regarding normal deployment plan in which we always have main three tasks like

checkout ( where we define the git path of repo)  -> build the application (using maven/gradle) -> deploy on the server(we define server details) 

Thanks

Pratik

Omar Herrera
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2018

Hi @Pratik,

1. This download is from build plan and shared artifacts builded there. If you artifact was builded out of plan you must download from source instead of default download.

2. The best practices in CI/CD is

a. Build you app on build plan (check out your code, run test, create artifacts, etc)

b. If the build plan if success deploy on each environment with Deployment Project.

Cheers.

Omar.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events