Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Bamboo really requires a postgresql database?

rolando.viado December 8, 2021

Im setting up bamboo for trial but I cannot get pass the configure database step because its giving error as below.

Error accessing database: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Connection to localhost:5432 refused. Check that the hostname and port are correct and that the postmaster is accepting TCP/IP connections.

Would appreciate any suggestions here please.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2021

Hi @rolando.viado

Bamboo requires a databases but it doesn't have to be Postgres.

On this page you can find the list of supported databases: Supported platforms 

thank you... 

I am setting up my Bamboo using the wizard but I am now getting this error when "Configuring Instance" any ideas why its giving me this error?

error.recording.default.paths.to.system

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2021

I found this suggestion report: BAM-13976 

One of the directories where Bamboo is trying to create files is probably not accessible by the user running the wizard. Make sure to set the right directory permissions on your system.

Like rolando.viado likes this

good call ... I'll check permission now...thanks

@Charlie Misonne : I've been getting different set of errors. Now Im getting this error...any more ideas pls? 

Bamboo bootstrap failed: Failed to run H2 database upgrade. Please contact Atlassian Support at https://support.atlassian.com
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 8, 2021

Do you get something more specific in the log files?

Which Bamboo version are you installing?

Also: be aware that the h2 database should not be used for production purposes. Only for short term testing

please see below few logs from localhost , daemon and atlassian logs. Not sure if you can see anything abnormal from there.

But Id highly appreciate if you can help me get my bamboo

running.

thanks

##################

08-Dec-2021 15:17:56.360 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.log No Spring WebApplicationInitializer types detected on classpath
08-Dec-2021 15:18:02.279 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.log org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter INFO: loaded (conf ok)
08-Dec-2021 15:20:52.868 INFO [localhost-startStop-2] org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.log org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter INFO: destroy called
08-Dec-2021 15:20:52.882 INFO [localhost-startStop-2] org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.log Closing Spring root WebApplicationContext
08-Dec-2021 15:25:43.601 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.log No Spring WebApplicationInitializer types detected on classpath
08-Dec-2021 15:25:53.163 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.log org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter INFO: loaded (conf ok)

############

08-Dec-2021 15:20:52.882 INFO [localhost-startStop-2] org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.log Closing Spring root WebApplicationContext
08-Dec-2021 15:25:43.601 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.log No Spring WebApplicationInitializer types detected on classpath
08-Dec-2021 15:25:53.163 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.log org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter INFO: loaded (conf

#########

2021-12-08 15:25:51,944 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [lifecycle] Bamboo home directory: C:\Users\rolando.viado\bamboo-home
2021-12-08 15:25:51,944 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [lifecycle] Default charset: windows-1252, file name ecoding: Cp1252
2021-12-08 15:25:52,003 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [UpgradeLauncher] Upgrades not performed since the application has not been set up yet.
2021-12-08 15:25:52,096 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [CompressingFilter] CompressingFilter has initialized
2021-12-08 15:25:55,051 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [SpringObjectFactoryProxy] Deferring initialisation of com.atlassian.bamboo.plugin.xwork.SpringObjectFactoryProxy
2021-12-08 15:25:58,810 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [Dispatchers] Dispatcher org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher initialised
2021-12-08 15:25:58,984 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [SpringObjectFactoryProxy] Deferring initialisation of com.atlassian.bamboo.plugin.xwork.SpringObjectFactoryProxy
2021-12-08 15:26:01,627 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [SpringObjectFactoryProxy] Deferring initialisation of com.atlassian.bamboo.plugin.xwork.SpringObjectFactoryProxy
2021-12-08 15:26:01,971 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [Dispatchers] Dispatcher org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher initialised
2021-12-08 15:26:02,106 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [SpringObjectFactoryProxy] Deferring initialisation of com.atlassian.bamboo.plugin.xwork.SpringObjectFactoryProxy
2021-12-08 15:26:03,199 INFO [http-nio-8085-exec-2] [JohnsonFilter] The application is still starting up, or there are errors. Redirecting request from '/start.action' to '/error/errorEvents.action'
2021-12-08 15:26:03,199 INFO [http-nio-8085-exec-1] [JohnsonFilter] The application is still starting up, or there are errors. Redirecting request from '/start.action' to '/error/errorEvents.action'
2021-12-08 15:26:49,189 INFO [http-nio-8085-exec-4] [JohnsonFilter] The application is still starting up, or there are errors. Redirecting request from '/setup/setupLicense.action' to '/error/errorEvents.action'
ok)

Also , would you know how can I revert back to "Express Installation"  ... coz I cant get pass the error message above anymore. 

Im using Bamboo 8.0.4-#80012.

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 9, 2021

Hi Rolande,

Those log do not include the "Bamboo bootstrap failed" error so I don't think those logs are the ones we're looking for.

Anyway: if you want to start over I think you can remove the bamboo.cfg.xml file in Bamboo's home directory.

rolando.viado December 9, 2021

thats what I have done Charlie.... I started installation and now it has progressed to configuring my database. Can you help me whats wrong with my database connection pls.

Heres my jdbc connection and everytime I click the "Continue" button is that it only brings me back to the same page and it wont progress to the next step. I am not sure which part of my connection strings below is wrong. My database name is "bamboo" and I also downloaded the mySql jdbc connector "mysql-connector-java-5.1.12-bin.jar" and saved it in my lib folder. My Mysql database is definitely up and running including a "bamboo" database.  

jdbc:mysql://localhost/bamboo?autoReconnect=true 

Any help is appreciated.

thanks

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 9, 2021

It's a long time ago I configured a new Bamoo instance. But I don't see a port in that connection string. If you use the default port with MySQL it's probably not mandatory.

Here is the documentation about setting up Bamoo with MySQL. Make sure you get all settings in MySQL right.

Every time you get an error or something unexpected check your log files, they are likely to contain more information.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events